Cos it really, really, really will happen.

Monday 5 January 2009

Beginnings.

I've wanted to blog for a while now but I haven't because I've been scared. I've been scared that A) I wouldn't have anything interesting enough to write about, B) I would create some kind of wierd cyber Fran that would pretend to be a lot cooler than the real thing and C) That it's just a really arrogant thing to do. I think I still hold on to all three of these things as legitimate worries, but I might just risk it. This is the kind of dangerous thing that happens when I'm home alone (a previous example being my disasterous, albeit accidental, hair bleaching).

However, I think this has good potential. Firstly, I spend a lot of time in Devon (being where I live and all) and a lot of my most brilliant friends don't live here, so it's a good way of touching base with far flung places like East Northants. Secondly, I don't think my life is that interesting, but I do think it's quite compartmentalised so it would be good to share it in a balanced way. Thirdly (and lastly) some days I have thoughts. Some, I happen to think, could be the beginnings of radical social revolution, others, sadly, might just simply be stupid. Whilst I'm not suggesting that they're of any wider interest, I think I might benefit from writing them down.

So yeah, that's about it. It's 5th January 2009, I am 23, I live in Exeter, I graduated with a degree in International Relations in the summer, I have no idea how I will use this degree, I live with three lovely people in a house we like to call Parklife, I spend 21 hours a week doing various forms of admin at the RD&E hospital, I spend 20ish hours a week working for my church, Belmont Chapel, I like scrabble and travel, I love Jesus and people, I have started writing a blog.

Exciting times. x

No comments:

Post a Comment