Cos it really, really, really will happen.

Friday 28 August 2009

Much Ablog About Nuffing

Ooh, the 28th of August. Where has the time gone, eh? I can't be entirely sure (without standing up and checking our journal) but I think this time a year ago I was on a plane travelling home from Delhi. My memory of this is based purely on the fact that I think that we read a Saturday paper on the train travelling back to my Mum's house. A year ago. Mental. That was a busy time. If my memory serves me correctly then we landed on the Saturday, went back to mine, slept, woke up on the Sunday and washed clothes and ate and stuff and then moved into Parklife on the Monday and started Contact on the Tuesday. (On the Wednesday we went kayaking and on the Thursday we did a First Aid course. I can't work out what I did on the Friday but as it's 356 days ago maybe you will forgive me.) This is possibly why I am finding these few weeks off so stange, the last time when my day to day wasn't prescribed by a contract or diary or travel guide kind of belongs to a part of my life which I don't remember so well. It's only been a year since I was a student but the separation I feel from the time Before is quite amazing. It's funny that I share the same city as Student Fran, the same church and a lot of the same friends, but everything is very different. Student Fran was a visitor to this fair corner of the world. She was falling in love with it at quite a rate, but she was a temporal part of it nonetheless. Real Fran has her home here. She might not know which night it's cool to go to Arena or what the owner of Mega Kebab is called, but this town is her town. (Well there's probably a few members of Day for Retired who are seventeenth generation Devonian who might disagree, but for the fact that I pay my Council Tax to Exeter City Council I think I count!).

I think this is only going to be a brief post partly because a) I want to carry on reading Red Moon Rising and b) I have to pack to go to my friend Cat's hen party in Birmingham this weekend. But also maybe it will be brief because I'm in quite a thinkative mood at the moment and want my thoughts to be a little bit more collected before I spread them too ill-advisedly over t'internet. I wish I journalled better. I am very aware that quite a significant twelve months of my life has just passed and I think an equally significant twelve months are about to begin. I feel like this is a good time to look back on what God might have been/still be teaching me and work out what I should be taking forward with me, and possibly what I might need to let go of. I think this is a good thing to, however I'm also aware of the difference between reflection and dwelling. The latter isn't always terribly positive for me! We'll see though.

Right, much more banter promised for next time. I'm going out in public in a tutu for goodness sake. Watch out West Midlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment